About Us

This blog is about how the world is viewed by the visual and the visually impaired. The intent of this blog is to bring the two worlds together. It is administered by two fabulous sisters, Toni, who is sighted and Robin, who became visually impaired in 2002 at the age of 18 due to misdiagnosis.



Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Beginnings…

It’s a New Year, a season of change…a time to bring forth new ideas and to try new things. This New Year I made a list of goals I want to accomplish, dreams I want to fulfill and fears I want to conquer. I am going to go down that list one by one and cross them off after each one is completed. Anyone who reads this I encourage you to do the same. Write down everything you’ve ever dreamed of doing, goals that you’ve procrastinated reaching and make the first thing on your list the very thing that you wanted to do but someone told you that you couldn’t or that it was impossible. There were so many things that my sister Robin thought that she could no longer do because she was now blind, but the truth of the matter is that anything is possible as long as you’re determined. This holds true to anyone. Who sets the limits of our lives? Is it ourselves or do we let someone else’s opinion dictate what we can/cannot do or who we can/cannot become? Why do we allow those limits to be set? There are some things that I’ve wanted to do or try but didn’t either because of my own fears or because I listened to other people’s opinions of whether or not they thought I would succeed. This year is going to be a year of no regrets…a year of no “what if’s”. Who’s with me to start your list? Leave your fears back in ’09…if we try something and we suck at it…oh well…move on to the next thing and you may just discover that you’re awesome at that thing! The first thing on my list is to learn to swim and Robin’s going to learn with me (she doesn’t know it yet hee hee hee!). I am terrified of the water after an incident at Water World in the 3rd grade (my cousin Kim told me it was ok to go down the water slide that the water was shallow at the end…yeah if you’re over 4 ft!!! I was a very small 3rd grader lol!!!…thank God for my cousin Gina for saving me, I saw my short life flash before me! I am going to learn to swim and complete a triathlon with no stand in swimmer…that’s in open water!!! We’ve only got one chance at this thing called life people so seize the moment!

2 comments:

  1. open water isn't as scary as you think, don't worry toni!

    plus triathlons are super fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement T...I will let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete