About Us

This blog is about how the world is viewed by the visual and the visually impaired. The intent of this blog is to bring the two worlds together. It is administered by two fabulous sisters, Toni, who is sighted and Robin, who became visually impaired in 2002 at the age of 18 due to misdiagnosis.



Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Year of Happiness

Happy New Year to all of you! Pat yourselves on the back you made it to the first weekend of 2014; yay! Do you have a New Year resolution yet? Well, I have been really thinking about my resolution this year because unlike the last time, I am in a new chapter of my life; the 30’s. Therefore, I really want my goal to be attainable, and benefit me in the long run. Last year, my resolution was to think more positive about my life circumstances because I was facing hardship around my unemployment. I have to admit, I had some up and downs, but overall, I think I did pretty well with my goal. I feel with any resolution or goal, there is going to be setbacks, but the important thing is not to give up or be extremely hard on yourself. So, building off of my goal last year, my resolution is to have a year of happiness. Sure, it may sound easy, but seeking true happiness for yourself can be a daunting task, especially if you put yourself on the backburner. True happiness cannot be found in other people, but solely lies within you. Not only am I going to think about my needs more, but I am also going to pinpoint one positive thing about each day, no matter how difficult a situation may be. For example I may be unemployed, but I have gone on interviews and I am volunteering for some great agencies, Beautifully Blind being one of them. So, what do you think, does my resolution seem attainable? Beautifully Blind wants to hear your thoughts! Also stay tuned for my next post regarding someone from my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment